[xsd-users] Adding error tests to xsd

Ray Lischner rlischner at proteuseng.com
Mon Apr 12 13:18:16 EDT 2010

We made some changes to xsd-3.2.0, and have added tests for our changes. Among the changes are new error cases, which we also want to test. The problem is that I cannot figure out how to incorporate the error tests into the build framework.

In particular, I want to try running xsd and expect it to exit with a non-zero return code. If xsd exits with a zero return code, that indicates a test failure. Then I want to check the output from xsd and veriyf that it contains the error message that I expect.

The build framework is very easy to change for adding conventional files and build rules, but I do not understand it well enough to add new kinds of build rules and actions. I appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you.

Ray Lischner,
Senior Member of Technical Staff
133 National Business Pkwy, Ste 150     t. 443.539.3448
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701                c. 410.854.5170
rlischner at proteuseng.com                     f. 443.539.3370

This electronic message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which may be privileged and/or proprietary. The information is intended for use
solely by the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, be
aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information is
prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please advise
the sender by reply email or by telephone (443.539.3400) and delete the message.