[xsd-users] Re: Help me: XMemory::~XMemory not found in .NET application

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Oct 26 09:17:52 EDT 2009

Hi James,

James Mei <jxmei3 at gmail.com> writes:

> When I try to use the generated cxx and hxx files in a .NET application (XSD
> works with pure Win32 VC application and Xercesc lib), the linker complains
> with lots of this message in each of the obj file compiled from cxx. I have
> included the xerces-c_3D.lib for debug build, but seems the lib does not
> contain the destruction member of XMemroy.

Fist of all, we only support standard C++ when it comes to XSD. We don't
have any experience with using XSD in .NET managed applications. Having
said that, I think the problem is quite obvious: you are trying to link
a native C++ library (Xerces-C++) to a managed application. I would think
this won't work. If you decide to try to build Xerces-C++ as a managed
library and run into problems, please seek help on the Xerces-C++ mailing
lists: