[xsd-users] Preserve newline characters

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Oct 21 12:14:59 EDT 2009

Hi Keith,

Wire, Keith C <keith.c.wire at lmco.com> writes:

> I tried the example as you asked an got the expected results.  The
> newlines and tabs were reserved and printed.

Hm, that's strange. Can you copy the text with newlines and tabs from
your original document to hello.xml and see if you get them in the
output? Can you also try the opposite, i.e., put the text from hello.xml
into your document and see if newlines and tabs disappear?

If it works as expected in hello.xml and doesn't work in your application,
then there has got to be something special about either your schema or the
way you parse XML. Will you be able to send (off list) a test case that
reproduce this problem so that I can take a look?