[xsd-users] Some difficulties with GML/CityGML Tree Parser generation : a bug?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Oct 21 11:21:37 EDT 2009

Hi Erwann,

In the future please keep your replies CC'ed to the xsd-users mailing
list as discussed in the posting guidelines:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/support/posting-guidelines.xhtml

Erwann HOUZAY <erwann.houzay at ign.fr> writes:

> Thank you for your help...
>
> I have built two separated static libs in VS 2003 (one for GML one for
> CityGML)

Ok, that should work. If you decide to convert them to DLLs, you will
need to use the --export-maps and --import-maps options.

> I think xml-schema.xsd is missing in your commit (in xs directory,
> according to the make file)... Can you update it?

No, xml-schema.xsd is a fake name, such file does not exist. When the
--generate-xml-schema option is specified the file name is only used
by the compiler to derive the C++ header name (e.g., xml-schema.xsd ->
xml-schema.hxx, schema.xsd -> schema.hxx). The file doesn't need to
exist but you can add an empty one if it makes it easier to build
things (e.g., from VC++).

> I will do test.s We are producing big CityGML files, it will be a good
> test for you...

Sounds good. Let me know if there are any problems.