[xsd-users] Help me: How to find out what is the type of a class

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Oct 21 10:22:59 EDT 2009

Hi James,

In the future please keep your replies CC'ed to the xsd-users mailing
list as discussed in the posting guidelines:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/support/posting-guidelines.xhtml

James Mei <jxmei3 at gmail.com> writes:

> May I also know if the class contain the actual name of the element in
> string form ?

No.

> I have tried
> scl.get()->Header()._node()->getNodeName(), which
> scl.get()->Header()._node() should be the *DOMNode, but it is NULL all the
> time.

Yes, you can do this but you will need to turn on DOM association during
parsing. See Section 5.1, "DOM Association" in the C++/Tree Mapping User
Manual for more information:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/cxx/tree/manual/#5.1