[xsd-users] Error in containers.hxx

Carl xsd at faultline.com
Thu Oct 8 19:42:56 EDT 2009

I am getting errors when compiling a file. I *think* the errors have to
do with not having an == operator for the xml_schema::type class. I have
seen the manual on how to add functionality to that class so that is
likely how to fix this. But not all of the classes derived from
xml_schema::type are showing this error and I have an error reported
about the == operator in the containers.hxx file. So I wanted to check
if this is a known problem or some missing command line options before
making changes to the built in type.

The error reported from the containers.hxx file is:

/usr/include/xsd/cxx/tree/containers.hxx:454: error: no match for
‘operator==’ in ‘((const xsd::cxx::tree::optional<xsd::cxx::tree::_type,
false>*)a)->xsd::cxx::tree::optional<T, false>::operator* [with T =
xsd::cxx::tree::_type]() == ((const
xsd::cxx::tree::optional<xsd::cxx::tree::_type,
false>*)b)->xsd::cxx::tree::optional<T, false>::operator* [with T =
xsd::cxx::tree::_type]()’

Searching the list archives did not turn up this error. The .xsd files
that caused this are attached. The StatePayment.xsd is the file
generating the error and it is in a subdir from the other two files. The
other two files are included but they each compile without error. The
xsd command options used for all files are:

# options for cxx-tree mode when running xsd
--anonymous-regex %.* .* (.+/)*(.+)%$1_$2%
#--anonymous-regex-trace
--namespace-regex %.* http://www.irs.gov/(.+)%$1%
#--namespace-regex-trace
--generate-serialization
--generate-ostream
--generate-doxygen
--generate-comparison
--generate-forward
--generate-inline

Is this a problem with the include file, the xsd files or just a
function I need to add to the type class?

Thanks,
Carl