[xsd-users] XSD wildcard content

Krzysztof Mariański kmarianski at mikronika.com.pl
Thu Jun 25 06:42:22 EDT 2009

Hi Boris and xsd-users,

I've encountered a problem with 'any' element. Consider following example:

    <s:elem xmlns:s="http://www.s/s"
             xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.s/s email.xsd">

        <text>my text</text>
            <withany>
                <Private type="aaa" source="dd">cant read this
value</Private>
            </withany>
    </s:elem>

Element 'Private' has element 'any' with sequence cardinality class (see
attached schema).
Problem is I cannot read a value of <Private> element.
I can't also write (serialize) such an element, because in code
(according to
http://codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/cxx/tree/manual/#2.12.3)
I must create element, which I don't want to do. If I create element
(for example <dummy>) and then set its text content I get something like
this:
    <Private type="aaa" source="dd">
       <dummy>some value</dummy>
    </Private>

Is there any possibility to get rid of 'dummy' and to write (and read!)
the value directly to 'Private' element?

Thanks in advance
Krzysiek