[xsd-users] Compiling COLLADA 1.5 using XSD v 3.2.0

Fredrik Zetterman fredrikz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 08:23:36 EDT 2009

Hello,

I've been trying to figure out how to compile the COLLADA 1.5 schema using
C++/Tree, but now I've stumbled on a problem which I cannot solve.

I'm using the following command:
xsd cxx-tree --options-file settings collada_schema_1_5.xsd

With the file 'settings' looking like this:
--generate-polymorphic
--root-element COLLADA
--namespace-map http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML=mathML
--location-map
http://www.w3.org/Math/XMLSchema/mathml2/mathml2.xsd=mathml2/mathml2.xsd
--location-map http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd=xml/xml.xsd
--generate-forward
--location-regex-trace

This gives me the following output:

location: 'common/math.xsd'
location: 'common/common-attribs.xsd'
location: 'xlink-href.xsd'
location: 'presentation/common-types.xsd'
location: 'presentation/common-attribs.xsd'
location: 'presentation/characters.xsd'
location: 'presentation/tokens.xsd'
location: 'presentation/scripts.xsd'
location: 'presentation/space.xsd'
location: 'presentation/layout.xsd'
location: 'presentation/table.xsd'
location: 'presentation/style.xsd'
location: 'presentation/error.xsd'
location: 'presentation/action.xsd'
location: 'content/common-attrib.xsd'
location: 'content/tokens.xsd'
location: 'content/arith.xsd'
location: 'content/functions.xsd'
location: 'content/logic.xsd'
location: 'content/constructs.xsd'
location: 'content/constants.xsd'
location: 'content/elementary-functions.xsd'
location: 'content/relations.xsd'
location: 'content/semantics.xsd'
location: 'content/sets.xsd'
location: 'content/linear-algebra.xsd'
location: 'content/calculus.xsd'
location: 'content/vector-calculus.xsd'
location: 'content/statistics.xsd'
location: ''
C:\<snip>\collada\mathml2\common: error:
'C:\<snip>\collada\mathml2\common': unable to open in read mode
C:\<snip>\collada\collada_schema_1_5.xsd:1938:41: warning F001: element
'unnormalized' is implicitly of anyType
C:\<snip>\collada\collada_schema_1_5.xsd:1938:41: info: did you forget to
specify 'type' attribute?

It seems (to me) that I somehow get a location which refers to '' and it
somehow gets mapped to a folder(mathml2\common)...
I cannot see how this is triggered since it seems to be able to parse
mathml2.xsd completely beforehand (if I only remove --location-map
http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd=xml/xml.xsd from the file, I get an error
that it cannot be found. The reference to xml.xsd is _after_ mathml2.xsd,
so therefore mathml2.xsd should already be parsed at that point...)

Is there a way for me to see where this location reference is triggered?
(I haven't found an option for it, did I miss it?)

Has anyone tried to compile COLLADA 1.5 and successfully done so? Any
tips/hints on what I could be doing wrong?

Kind regards,
Fredrik Z