[xsd-users] Prefix can not be resolved to a URI

Daniel Pfeifer daniel at pfeifer-mail.de
Thu Jul 2 16:26:48 EDT 2009

Hello everyone!

I am trying to build an xml-parser from the schema files provided at
http://xmpp.org/schemas/.
When I compile the file jabber-client.xsd, I get the following errors:

jabber-client.xsd:172:49: error: Prefix: 'err' can not be resolved to a URI
jabber-client.xsd:172:49: error: Schema Representation Constraint:
Namespace '' is referenced without <import> declaration
jabber-client.xsd:174:36: error: Prefix: 'err' can not be resolved to a URI
jabber-client.xsd:174:36: error: Schema Representation Constraint:
Namespace '' is referenced without <import> declaration
jabber-client.xsd:174:36: error: Ref element err:text not found in the
Schema

The relating snippet of the file http://xmpp.org/schemas/jabber-client.xsd:

-- snip --
171  <xs:sequence  xmlns:err='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'>
172    <xs:group   ref='err:stanzaErrorGroup'/>
173    <xs:element ref='err:text'
174                minOccurs='0'/>
175  </xs:sequence>
-- snap --

Is this a bug in the xsd parser generator, a bug in the schema or is the
problem sitting in front of my computer?

cheers, Daniel