[xsd-users] cxx-tree Hello example compilation problem on AIX 5.3 using XL C++ v7

Juan Pablo Perez juanpablo.perez at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 14:11:45 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I've installed XSD 3.2.0 on AIX 5.3 w/ XL C++ v7.0
Xerces version is 3.0.1

I've tried to compile the tree Hello example with some issues.
XSD binary runs just fine over hello.xsd and generates hello.cxx and
hello.hpp without errors or warnings.
Then, when I try to compile hello.cxx into hello.o using xlC, I get a
LOT of errors, starting with this:

"/usr/include/xsd/cxx/tree/exceptions.hxx", line 48.13: 1540-0121 (S)
A template cannot have "C" linkage.

I've googled and read a lot... and seems to be a headers issue with
some "C" linkage zone not properly defined, but I can't find the root
of the problem.
Since this is not code I wrote and it's just one of the examples (a
really simple one), I'm a little lost... can you help me?
Thanks in advance.

Juan