[xsd-users] hexBinary basic question

Laura E Fowler Laura_E_Fowler at raytheon.com
Thu Aug 27 13:46:16 EDT 2009

I'm sure that I'm doing something stupid, but I'm having trouble using
hexBinary.

I have an uint64_t CRC value that is to be represented in hexBinay, so the
xsd has the field defined as:
<xsd:element name = "DataResidue" type = "xsd:hexBinary"/>

I'm converting my uint64_t value to hexBinary as follows:
xml_schema::hex_binary((void *)(&dataResidue),sizeof(dataResidue))

I'm running on a little-endian system, so I have tried converting my
uint64_t to big-endian. Neither little-endian or big-endian gave me what I
expected.

For example:

If my CRC contains the value of: 0x2d8ab0bc260ef5a
I get a hexBinary of: <DAR:DataResidue>0106000030706040</DAR:DataResidue>

Can you please point me in the correct direction? I've searched the
archives, but didn't find anything that helped much.

Thanks,
Laura