[xsd-users] Generate C++ header to be used on unix machine

Liu, Shaohua shaohua.liu at siemens.com
Tue Aug 4 19:06:57 EDT 2009

I used the CodeSynthesis xsd tool to generate a C++ header file from a xsd file with this command:
"xsd mySchema.xsd /classes /l:CPP"

It created mySchema.h header file. When I opened this header file, I found it references to "System::CodeDom" namespace. I think this is a new library in .NET 3.5 framework. But I will have to use the header file on a Unix machine, so any .NET reference will not work. I found that this xsd tool can be built on Unix machine. So I think it should be able to create C++ header files without .NET references. I just wonder how I can do that on my Windows dev machine. Is there any options that I can use to indicate that the output should be unmanaged C++ or for unix?

Thanks

Shaohua