[xsd-users] XSD serialize to and from wstring

George Vassilakes george at sbdev.net
Wed Oct 15 12:00:07 EDT 2008

Hi,

The project I am working on passes XML documents as messages between
different systems in memory.
I have been using XSD generated XML binding code with char without any
problems. I use the --generate-serialization option to generate the cpp.
Then I use the istringstrem and ostringstream to parse the string that
contains the XML document or write to it.

When I changed to using wchar_t (option --char-type wchar_t) I expected
that the code would generate serialization functions using
wisstringstream and wostringstream. This does not work for me as it
would mean converting back to UTF-8 and would lose data.
How do I do this?

Thanks
George