[xsd-users] different behavior by xsd 3.0 and 3.2

Jeffrey Yu jeffrey.yu at panpacificinvestment.com
Mon Oct 6 08:46:26 EDT 2008

Hi, I just gave the newly release 3.2 a try.   It appears the xsd.exe of 3.2
treats the "string" differently.

Attached is the xsd file, and I use following command to produce the data
binding object:

xsd cxx-tree -root-element TSInput -generate-serialization TSInput.xsd

The problem is with the attribute named "value_type" of YCInput.   In the
xsd file, the type is "string".  It becomes "decimal" in TSInput.hxx.

There is no problem with 3.0.  Can someone share insights on this?  Maybe
bug, maybe I've missed some new requirements introduced in 3.2.

thx