[xsd-users] Tree Parsing: How to handle schema namespaces missing from XML data

Bruce, Henry henry.bruce at intel.com
Fri Mar 28 20:10:44 EDT 2008

I am trying to parse XML data from a web service. The data is described
by a schema that uses namespaces, but they are not present in the web
service response.

As part of my testing, I used the .NET XSD tool to generate C# parsing
code. I got round the lack of namespace qualifiers in the data by
setting System.Xml.Serialization.XmlRootAttribute.Namespace to null in
the generated code. The resulting code parsed the data just fine.

Now I am seeking to do the equivalent with the tree mapping code
generated by the CodeSynthesis.

Anyone know how to do this? I apologize if this trick is the
documentation and I've missed it.

Thanks,

Henry