[xsd-users] Parsing for the substitutionGroup

Ninh Tran Dang tdninh at tma.com.vn
Wed Mar 5 21:22:55 EST 2008

Hi Boris,

I tried the XSD for the substitutionGroup defintion, and I got another
problem when parsing the elements in the substitutionGroup with the same
element type (not the derived type as the example of 5.4 section -
http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/cxx/parser/guide/#5.
4). Please see the schema below, the "startup", "candidate", and "running"
defined with the same configNameType type.

Could you please help me answer this?

Thanks,

Ninh

            <xs:complexType name="configNameType"/>

            <xs:element name="config-name" type="configNameType"
abstract="true"/>

            <xs:element name="startup" type="configNameType"
substitutionGroup="config-name"/>

            <xs:element name="candidate" type="configNameType"
substitutionGroup="config-name"/>

      <xs:element name="running" type="configNameType"
substitutionGroup="config-name"/>