[xsd-users] access violation with --generate-wildcards

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jun 30 12:49:16 EDT 2008

Hi Ray,

Rizzuto, Raymond <Raymond.Rizzuto at sig.com> writes:

> I decided to add -generate-wildcards.  Now I take an unhandled
> exception:

I believe you have already found the answer to this in the archives.
I will, however, answer this in case somebody has the same problem
and stumbles on this thread:

You most likely forgot to initialize the Xerces-C++ runtime. Since
the wildcard content is represented as DOM fragments, the Xerces-C++
runtime needs to be initialized for the lifetime of the object model
(normally the runtime is initialized and terminated by the parsing
function). Also, since you are initializing the Xerces-C++ runtime
yourself, it makes sense to pass the xml_schema::flags::dont_initialize
flag to parsing/serialization functions. For more information see
Section 2.12 in the C++/Tree Mapping User Manual:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/cxx/tree/manual/#2.12

As well as the 'wildcard' example.