[xsd-users] Problem with extension of complexType with simpleContent with required attribute

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jun 11 12:41:21 EDT 2008

Hi Ray

Ray Lischner <rlischner at proteus-technologies.com> writes:

> It seems that Code Synthesis gives Derived's constructor all the
> inherited attributes, just as it would for a complexContent type.
> The problem is the first argument, which uses the immediate base
> class. In this case, the type of the first argument should be
> xml_schema::string.

Right, this is a bug in 2.3.1.

> If this problem has already been fixed, can you give me any hints
> as to how to patch our 2.3.1 version for the time being--until we
> can move forward to 3.1?

There is no such problem in 3.1.0 -- the constructor has string as
a base. The part of code that handles this in 3.1.0 is quite a bit
different compared to 2.3.1 so there is not way to backport anything
from 3.1.0. I've come up with a patch for 2.3.1 that should fix the
problem:

http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/tmp/xsd-2.3.1-ultimate-base.patch

I haven't tested it (don't have the 2.3.1 dependencies built) but
I am pretty sure it works. If it doesn't then let me know and I
will build everything and take a look.