[xsd-users] RE: parser issue

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jul 14 16:08:26 EDT 2008

Hi Ray,

Rizzuto, Raymond <Raymond.Rizzuto at sig.com> writes:

> I am a bit concerned that it was so easy to generate invalid output,
> however. Why didn't the serialize call throw an exception indicating
> this error?

The C++/Tree mapping does not perform validation during serialization.
As I mentioned earlier, we are working on another C++/Tree-like mapping
which will support validation in generated code for both parsing and
serialization.

There is also a work-around for this in C++/Tree which involves
re-parsing the serialized XML to make sure it is valid. For more
information please see the following post:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsd-users/2008-June/001793.html