[xsd-users] warning with any

Rizzuto, Raymond Raymond.Rizzuto at sig.com
Wed Jul 2 12:28:44 EDT 2008

Boris,

I played around with ##any with the cxx-parser, and see that I get a
similar error:

xsd.exe cxx-parser simple.xsd
simple.xsd:39:88: warning: namespace '##any' allows for element 'diary'
simple.xsd:39:88: warning: generated code may not associate element
'diary' correctly if it appears in place of this wildcard
simple.xsd:38:29: info: element 'diary' is defined here
simple.xsd:39:88: info: turn on validation to ensure correct association

However, no error is generated with either of these command lines:

xsd.exe cxx-parser --xml-parser expat simple.xsd
xsd.exe cxx-parser --generate-validation simple.xsd

I don't know if there is sufficient demand for it, but having an option
(like --generate-validation for the cxx-tree) to generate a "perfect"
parser would address this case, albeit probably with a performance hit.

Ray