[xsd-users] Seperation of Data and serialization code

Balasubramanyam, Shivakumar sbalasub at qualcomm.com
Mon Jan 28 02:12:10 EST 2008

Boris,

I am sure this question is repeated, sorry about that.

Is there anyway today that I can separate the code generation of the
Data (representing the XSD schema) and the serialization code?

This would mostly help the layering of the software where the software
modules would just depend on the data and does not know how it is
actually being serialized in the system. For example, we may move from
XML to XDR or to Custom serialization library, but that would not
require re-building the application software.

In simple, it would facilitate a loosely coupled software design.

Thanks,

Shiva