[xsd-users] XSD 3.1.0.b1 released

Esben Skovenborg EsbenS at TCElectronic.com
Wed Jan 16 15:46:37 EST 2008

	Hi,

Here are 2 comments, after upgrading from XSD 3.0.0 to the 3.1.0.b1
version.

>  * New option, --generate-intellisense, triggers generation of
workarounds
>    for IntelliSense bugs in Visual Studio 2005 (8.0). When this option
is
>    used, the resulting code is slightly more verbose. IntelliSense in
>    Visual Studio 2008 (9.0) does not require these workarounds.
Support
>    for IntelliSense in Visual Studio 2003 (7.1) is improved with this
>    option but is still incomplete.

This works great for me, in a number of places where IntelliSense would
previously give up. I'm using Visual Studio 2005 SP1.

>  * New implementations of the XML Schema date/time types (date,
dateTime,
>    duration, gDay, gMonth, gMonthDay, gYear, gYearMonth, and time)
that
>    represent the information in the numerical form.

In XSD 3.0 I would create an xml_schema::date_time object, corresponding
to an xs:dateTime attribute, using a constructor with only a std::string
as argument. This constructor seems to have disappeared in the new
implementation?  So how do I transform a string such as
"2008-01-16T18:06:33" into a date_time object?

Cheers,

	Esben