[xsd-users] xsd crash

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jan 15 16:30:48 EST 2008

Hi Raymond,

Rizzuto, Raymond <Raymond.Rizzuto at sig.com> writes:

> I am running the 3.0 version of XSD against a large, complicated schema
> that my company developed.  I get a lot of warning and info messages,
> then the application crashes:
>
> xsd cxx-tree --root-element-none --root-element OrderInstruction
> --generate-polymorphic "SDMP-1.1 latest.xsd"

I am pretty sure the cause of the crash is the space in your schema's
file name. I just tried it on a simple schema with a space in its name
and the compiler crashes. Can you maybe get rid of the space and see
if it works. If it still doesn't then we will need your schema (you
can send it privately to me) or a reproducible test case to figure
out what's going on.

We will also try to fix the "space in file name" bug for the next
version of XSD. Thanks for reporting this!