[xsd-users] Warning 6005

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sun Feb 17 04:01:42 EST 2008

Hi Uri,

Uri Karagila <uri at hyperroll.com> writes:

> file libxsd/xsd/cxx/tree/elements.hxx, line 319:
>         virtual type*
>         _clone (flags f = 0, container* c = 0) const
>         {
>           return new type (*this, f, c);  // <<< This line causes
> warning 6005; if simple "return 0;" used, no warning generated.
>         }

This line is unchanged from the previous version which I believe
didn't have this warning. If you look closely at it, you will
see that the inline copy c-tor is called. This copy c-tor was
changed compared to the previous version. It also has a no-op
loop (see line 299) which is used to squash the "unused variable"
king of warnings. So I strongly suspect that it is this while
loop that is causing the warning. Since I cannot check it myself
(we have a newer version of the compiler), I am asking you to
try to comment line 299 out and let me know if this warning is
still there.

Thank you,