[xsd-users] XInclude support?

Lane Wimberley techlane64 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 16:42:34 EST 2008

Hi Boris.  I apologize if this has been asked before (I searched, but have
only been XSDing for a couple months now so am still a neophyte), but is
there, or will there be support for XInclude (assuming this is still
on-track with W3C)?

My goal is to create an interface that supports use of an XML-based
configuration file that can include another config file.  For example, if a
site has a site-wide configuration with global defaults for run-time
application parameters, etc., but a particular user of the application
wishes to over-ride some of those, he or she would be able to construct a
simple personal config file that first includes the site config file, then
simply re-defines a few parameters that they care about.

Perhaps there is already some simpler way to accomplish this ... ?  Or, is
it simply a matter of including/importing the XInclude schema into mine, and
then processing the "include" elements myself "by hand?"  That seems like a
lot of work, when what I really would prefer is something akin to the C
preprocessor #include, although I realize this is no trivial matter, with
things like namespaces and scopes to consider.

Thanks for any help.

-Lane Wimberley
Austin, TX