[xsd-users] How to use changes to libxsd?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Dec 11 12:28:32 EST 2008

Hi Debbie,

Debbie Campbell <debcamp6415 at gmail.com> writes:

> We need to do Xinclude.  It seemed straight forward to change the
> appropriate files in libxsd to add a flag 'do_xinclude' and turn on the
> fgXercesDoXinclude based on that flag.  It works fine with the example
> programs changed to do <xi:include>. in the instance documents.  What needs
> to happen to use it external of the xsd tree?  There doesn't appear to be a
> libxsd that gets built, or any objs that get built which the examples are
> linking with so there is something fundamental I'm missing.

The XSD runtime (libxsd) is a header-only library so you don't
need to do anything extra. The problem, of course, arises when
a new version of XSD is released and you want to upgrade. In
this case you will need to make the change again.

The recommended way to turn XInclude support in Xerces-C++ is to
setup the XML-to-DOM stage yourself, as described in this recent
post:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsd-users/2008-December/002078.html