[xsd-users] Incompatibility between xsd rpm and mono in Fedora 10

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Dec 3 01:27:06 EST 2008

Hi Juan,

Juan Antonio Farré Basurte <jafb at tinet.org> writes:

> I've just downloaded XSD RPM package for x86 linux and tried to install
> it in my Fedora 10 Linux distribution. When I try to install the RPM,
> it reports a conflict with the mono-web package. To be able to install
> XSD, I've needed to uninstall all the mono system. Do you know any better
> solution?

Mono includes a binary analogous to Microsoft's 'xsd.exe' which they
renamed 'xsd'. It is an XML Schema compiler for .NET and as far as I
know it is not very widely used. So if you don't use 'xsd.exe' in
Mono yourself, you can simply instruct rpm to override the conflicting
file by providing the --replacefiles option. No other applications
in Mono will be affected by this since xsd.exe is normally invoked
by developers.