[xsd-users] XSD 3.2.0 beta1 released

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Aug 11 03:58:19 EDT 2008

Hi Michael,

Michael Coulman <michael.coulman at mac.com> writes:

> How would one go about binding the DOM representation to the XSD object
> model so modifications to the XSD object model are "live?"

The only way is to do it manually which requires a lot of work.
The DOM association was intended as a read-only mechanism since
maintaining it during modifications would require quite a bit of
complex code.

> I'd like XPath queries to return values that reflect the modification to
> the XSD object model, even though the XPath query runs against the DOM
> representation.

We are currently thinking about and investigating the possibility of
running XPath (and XQuery) queries on the object models directly,
without the use of the underlying DOM model. This will work with
modifications to the object model. Would you be interested in
something like this? Anybody else is interested?