[xsd-users] Creating elements in code

Attila atteeela at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 09:56:36 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am interested in creating objects on a type basis only without specifying
a complete XML document.
So for example, assume that I have an XSD like so:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
targetNamespace="http://www.w3schools.com"
xmlns="http://www.w3schools.com"
elementFormDefault="qualified">

<xs:element name="note">
    <xs:complexType>
      <xs:sequence>
	<xs:element name="to" type="xs:string"/>
	<xs:element name="from" type="xs:string"/>
	<xs:element name="heading" type="xs:string"/>
	<xs:element name="body" type="xs:string"/>
      </xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
<xs:element name="foo">
    <xs:complexType>
      <xs:sequence>
	<xs:element name="bar" type="xs:string"/>
      </xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

</xs:schema>

Can I provide an XML snippet instead of an entire XML document like this:

<note>
 <to>jon</to>
 <from>rick</from>
 <heading>hello world</heading>
</note>

And feed it into the Code Synthesis like this:

auto_ptr<note> c = note("noteSnippet.xml");

Furthermore, could I then take these snippets and use it to construct a
complete XML document?

Thanks!

--
Attila