[xsd-users] Advice on working with published schema

Nicholas Yue yue.nicholas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 03:04:48 EDT 2007

On 03/10/2007, Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:

> Hi Nicholas,
>
> Nicholas Yue <yue.nicholas at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I am now successful in processing COLLADA's schema with XSD.
>
> Can you be a bit more specific? Is the XSD compiler giving you
> an error? If so then can you show the error message to us? What
> version of COLLADA are you trying to compile?

My "error" came from being new to schema processing. I had thought that
external references to W3C do not need to be downloaded as it is a world
wide published standard. I wrongly thought that only non W3C schema needed
to be downloaded.

Hence I download the copy of xml.xsd.

I edited the Collada 1.4.1 schema to reference the local copy of
xml.xsdand was able to generate the
COLLADASchema.cxx and COLLADASchema.hxx file successfully.

Other tools (JAXB and XMLBeans) have the concept of a catalog file to
redirect external reference to local file so we don't need to edit the
original schema file.

Does XSD have the same tool concept? Is it also call catalog?

Once again, thank you Boris.

Regards