[xsd-users] Advice on working with published schema

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Oct 2 06:41:26 EDT 2007

Hi Nicholas,

Nicholas Yue <yue.nicholas at gmail.com> writes:

>   Is there a document which advices new user how to deal with publish
> scheme (not ones we generate)?

No, there is no such document. There shouldn't be any difference in
most case: you simply download the schema(s), all their dependencies,
if any, and compile them. If certain schemas require special treatment,
then we normally add a page with instructions to the Wiki:

http://wiki.codesynthesis.com/Schemas

>   When should I stop retrieving/downloading external dependencies
> (i.e. I am doing it the wrong way)?

You need to download all external dependencies and change import/include
directives to reference local files. Some schemas (e.g., GML) even
include external schema (normally xml.xsd, etc.) in their distributions.
So check if a particular schema you are trying to use has an archive
available with all the individual schema files and perhaps dependencies.

>   I am using Collada schema as a trial, I have read the wiki page but
> the instruction didn't allow me to complete the processing.

Last time I checked, COLLADA came as a single schema file with the only
external dependency on xml.xsd which you can download from:

http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd

Can you let us know what exactly is not working in your case?