[xsd-users] Help me understand XML parsing code

Ray Lischner rlischner at proteus-technologies.com
Fri Mar 23 12:30:46 EDT 2007

I'm trying to understand the code that Code Synthesis generates to parse XML. It seems that the code checks for element names and ensures that the namespace is empty. I don't understand the last part. I'm trying to make sure I use correct XML, and if the schema has a targetNamespace, shouldn't the instance use that namespace? And shouldn't the generated code check for that namespace? What am I missing?
--
Ray Lischner, Proteus Technologies