[xsd-users] instance document parsing failed

Ray Lischner rlischner at proteus-technologies.com
Thu Mar 15 13:08:35 EDT 2007

Most of the time, I use stream insertion & extraction, but we also need to support XML. I am now trying to get round-trip XML processing to work. I set up the namespace_infomap and write an XML file. Then I try to read that same file back in, but I get an xml_schema::parsing exception with no errors.

Thus, all I get is a message, "instance document parsing failed" with no idea why. I even set up my own error handler; it is never called, but parsing fails nonetheless.

When I introduce deliberate errors in the XML document, I get the expected error messages. When I create a simple program that uses a XercesDOMParser (calling doNamespaces(true) and doSchema(true)), it parses the document without any errors.

Any hints on where to start looking for the problem?
--
Ray Lischner, Proteus Technologies