[xsd-users] Customizing Types problem

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Mar 15 03:08:42 EDT 2007

Hi Bradley,

Bradley Beddoes <beddoes at intient.com> writes:

> Yes but in this instance one relies on components from the other so
> both must be supplied unfortunately.

I think Ray's suggestion should work. If one relies on the other then
there must be an import statement. The --custom-type option only
affects the target namespace of the schema being compiled. For
example, if you have schema foo.xsd and bar.xsd. foo.xsd imports
bar.xsd. Both of them define say, my_type. If you do:

$ xsd cxx-tree --custom-type my_type foo.xsd
$ xsd cxx-tree bar.xsd

Then you will have my_type in foo.xsd customized while in bar.xsd
you will have the original generated type. Moving --custom-type
from foo.xsd to bar.xsd should also work.