[xsd-users] Parser still fetches schema with xsd::flags::don ¹ t_validate

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Mar 14 15:40:01 EDT 2007

Hi Mark,

Mark Watson <mark at digitalfountain.com> writes:

> I have an XML instance document which references its schema via HTTP.
> Although I have set xsd::flags::dont_validate, the parser still fetches the
> schema over HTTP. This is the default xerces behaviour as described in
> http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/faq-parse.html#faq-28

Is it fetching DTD or XML Schema? The FAQ only talks about DTDs and
it makes sense to fetch (and parse) them by default since they are
used for things other than validation (entities, default attributes,
etc). I don't see a reason to fetch XML Schema though since it is
only used for validation.

thanks,