[xsd-users] Why this error?

Al Niessner Al.Niessner at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Mar 7 19:28:35 EST 2007

I am new to this product, but I have a pile of schema that I have been
using with JaxB and generateDS for the Java and Python languages
respectively. Hence, I think the XML Schema is mature enough that I can
ignore it for now.

Basically, I generated some C++ code with 'xsd
cxx-tree ../../DescriptionLanguage/externalTool.xsd'.

I then wrote a bunch of C++ code that looks very similar to my Java and
Python code to parse some XML. It did not work at all. I get this error
message:

'xsd::cxx::tree::parsing<char>'
  what(): instance document parsing failed.

I get the idea that the xml file might be wrong, so I parsed it with
both Python and Java without error. I then visited the FAQ and added
xml_schema::flags::dont_validate with no change. I then added the schema
location to the XML file with no change.

Since the test code and XML file are small and simple I have attach
them. If you want to see more I can produce it, but did not want to
bloat this email overly much.

Thanks for any and all help in advance.

--
Al Niessner
818.354.0859

All opinions stated above are mine and do not necessarily reflect those
of JPL or NASA.

--------
--------