[xsd-users] virtual insertion/extraction

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Mar 5 15:05:26 EST 2007

Hi Ray,

I've been thinking about polymorphic insertion/extraction and
it seems that hard-wired stream types supplied via the command
line is the way to go. The not-so-clean consequence of this
is that the user will also have to insert #include directives
for the stream types via prolog options. Not sure if there is
any way to avoid this.

With this change we will have real insertion operators and
extraction c-tors instead of templates so we can take an
address that can be stored in a map.

Let me know if you see any problems with this approach and
your usage scenario. If everything seems fine I can give it
a try tomorrow.

thanks,