[xsd-users] Re: Compilation options -Aa and -AA

Samiksha Rajput samiksha.rajput at tcs.com
Wed Jun 27 02:30:38 EDT 2007

Hi Boris,

Sorry to bother you so much but I still have problem in using the xsd
along with my application.
As per your below attached solution you suggested that to (re)compile my
application with -AA.
But as my application is huge and is distributed at various places
changing my application will have very huge impact.

So is there any older version of xsd tool  available with build option as
-Aa  or which can support the -Aa build option?
Or Is there any workaround going on for supporting  -Aa building option ?

Thanks and Regards.

Samiksha Vijaysinha Rajput
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: samiksha.rajput at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com>
06/26/2007 07:08 PM

Samiksha Rajput <samiksha.rajput at tcs.com>
cc
xsd-users at codesynthesis.com
Subject
Re: Compilation options -Aa and -AA

Hi Samiksha,

Samiksha Rajput <samiksha.rajput at tcs.com> writes:

> I have one problem in compiling the xsd .
> My application needs the -Aa option for the build and xsd requires -AA
> option for build .
> So in such case can you please tell me how to handle both requirements
of
> compilation options?

XSD requires -AA since this option switches the compiler into ANSI
C++ mode. Since -AA only turns additional features compared to -Aa,
I suggest that you (re)compile your application with -AA.

> I have tried to compile with both options separately and together but in
> each case it fails .
> When I give both -Aa and -AA options together its giving preference to
-AA
> and ultimately at run time  it fails .

Right, HP manual states that executables and libraries compiled with
different -A? options are not compatible.

> Is it possible for you to provide your contact number?

Yes, our contact number is +27 76 1672134 (9:00 - 18:00 GMT+2).
Note however that we provide technical support over the phone only
for organizations with priority support contracts on commercial basis.
If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me off list.

ForwardSourceID:NT00007DCA
and any attachments. Thank you