[xsd-users] New versions of xsd

Samiksha Rajput samiksha.rajput at tcs.com
Wed Jun 27 02:01:16 EDT 2007

Hi Boris,

I am currently using  xsd-2.3.1-hppa-hpux .
Can you please tell me the difference in new version of xsd.
Also please give me the url for downloading the xsd new versions for
following configuration
I have HP UX 11.11 and  Compiler aCC  3.63   64 bit
Please give me advanced suitable xsd version links for download.

Thanks and Regards.
Samiksha Vijaysinha Rajput
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: samiksha.rajput at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com>
Sent by: xsd-users-bounces at codesynthesis.com
06/26/2007 10:28 PM

david.r.moss at selex-comms.com
cc
xsd-users at codesynthesis.com
Subject
[xsd-users] Re: list construction from std::iterators.

Hi David,

david.r.moss at selex-comms.com <david.r.moss at selex-comms.com> writes:

> The sequence<X> base class seems to have the required interface but not
> the list class that derives from it.

Actually it is the generated type that inherits from list that does not
provide the necessary constructors. I've added this to my TODO list.

> // Setup some input as a vector.
> vector<string> v;
> {
>   v.push_back("one");
>   v.push_back("two");
> }
>
> // Standard vector construction from iterators -- ok.
> vector<string> y( v.begin(), v.end() );
>
> // list-type construction -- not ok; no valid constructor.
> string_list_t nl( v.begin(), v.end() );

The workaround would be to use assign():

string_list_t nl;
nl.assign (v.begin(), v.end());

> // Especially useful where an object wants the data on construction!
> object_t o( string_list_t( v.begin(), v.end() ) );

The workaround here is actually faster than the original (less copying):

object_t o (string_list_t ());
o.someList ().assign (v.begin(), v.end());

Thanks for reporting this!

-boris

ForwardSourceID:NT00007DEA
and any attachments. Thank you