[xsd-users] including xsd libs in Visual Studio 2005

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jul 18 12:21:29 EDT 2007

Hi,

d rj <drjat320 at gmail.com> writes:

> i just started using xsd w/ vs2005.  most things seem to work fine however
> when i add the xsd "include" directory to the list of included libraries.
> upon adding the xsd library reference vs2005 seems to freeze indefinitely
> while attempting to update its intellisense dictionary (or other items) with
> the newly included libs.

Hm, I use default installation of VS 2005 and have never experienced
anything like this. Just to be clear, you are adding the libxsd
directory as an include directory in

"Tools"/"Options"/"Projects"/"VC++ Directories"

Is that correct? Also which version of XSD are you using? Have you
applied SP1 for VS 2005? (Note that if you haven't then I am not
suggesting that you should since it is quite buggy).

thanks,