[xsd-users] Document parsing failed

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Jul 13 04:13:51 EDT 2007

Hi Johan,

Boer den, Johan J (NSC) <Johan.denBoer at NS.NL> writes:

> I am having the following problem. We generate C++ classes from our xsd
> schemas. Later we want to do this action
>
> string xmlmessage = ................     // our xml message containg the
> xsd
>
> stringstream ifs;
> ifs << xmlmessage;
>
> auto_ptr<PCS_CALCULATE_PRICES_ANSWER>
> pcsAnswer(PCS_CALCULATE_PRICES_ANSWER_(ifs));
>
> We got an std::exception with : instance document parsing failed.

This is most likely related to the failure to validate the XML document
because the schema could not be found for it. Please see:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/cxx/tree/faq/#2

Also you may want to catch and print the exception being thrown to get
more information:

try
{
  // parsing code goes here