[xsd-users] serialize empty element

Bradley Beddoes beddoes at intient.com
Sun Jan 28 23:51:29 EST 2007

Hi,
I was wondering if there might be any suggestions as to how to serialize
  to an empty element.

I have attempted to enable default ctors and serialize an object and
this seg faults for obvious reasons.

Essentially I would like to be able to create an object representing an
element and have it written to the DOMDocument as an empty element so
that other code can come along and replace this empty element with on
the fly generated content.

I am about to play around with manually inserting a node but I don't
think this is going to be the solution I am looking for.

Bradley

--
Bradley Beddoes
Lead Software Architect