[xsd-users] Question about xsd

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jan 16 16:00:10 EST 2007

Hi Gregorio,

Please keep xsd-users CC'ed to your future replies. This way others
who may have a similar problem will be able to find the answer in
the archives.

Gregorio Arvilla <Gregorio.Arvilla at epvgroup.com> writes:

> HP-UX bilbo B.11.00 U 9000/785 2012868944 unlimited-user license

> I noticed that the version of HP-UX that I'm using is older than
> the one you are using. If this version is not supported, Is it
> possible to build xsd on this version? If so, how do I build it?

You can find the link to the build instructions for UNIX-like OSes
as well as XSD source code on this page:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/

An alternative approach would be to compile your schemas on another
box (e.g., GNU/Linux or Windows) and copy the generated code to the
HP-UX machine. This will work since the generated code is the
same for all platforms and the XSD runtime library is header-
only. This approach could be less time consuming if this version
of HP-UX is not your main development environment (i.e., you just
need to build your application for this platform among others).

Feel free to post to the mailing list if you run into any problems
or need assistance.