[xsd-users] possible break in exception hieracy?

Bradley Beddoes beddoes at intient.com
Tue Jan 16 06:34:45 EST 2007

Hi Boris,
At the moment I am having some problems with my serialization  functions
and couldn't seem to find what exception was being thrown.

After some careful tracing I tracked it to this in elements.txx:

if (p == 0)
           {
             if (e.isDefaultNamespace (xns.c_str ()))
             {
               return std::basic_string<C> ();
             }
             else
             {
               // 'xml' prefix requires special handling and Xerces folks
               // refuse to handle this in DOM so I have to do it myself.
               //
               if (ns == xml::bits::xml_namespace<C> ())
                 return xml::bits::xml_prefix<C> ();

               throw no_prefix ();
             }
           }

See how your throwing no_prefix() ? is that correct? The class no_prefix
seems to be forward decl in elements.hxx but doesn't seem to be
implemented from what I can see? It certainly doesn't appear to be part
of the exceptions hierachy.

I cant quite understand why I am reaching this point to be honest, at
the moment I am struggling with a serialization issue where if I feed
the serializer an appropriate DOM element ( using overloaded << ) it
will work the first time without problem, reseting all my pointers and
so forth and running again results in this namespace conflict. It almost
seems like I am not closing something properly, any ideas? I will stay
on it with the debugger and let you know if I find the problem.

--
Bradley Beddoes
Lead Software Architect

Intient - "Open Source, Open Standards"