[xsd-users] Memory requirements of the C++/Tree in-memory representation

Marco Fischer marco.fischer at chipvision.com
Fri Jan 5 04:54:17 EST 2007

> I think you will get pretty much the same memory consumption unless you
> exploit some application-specific knowledge in hand-crafted classes

Fine, that's basically what I expected. I was a bit unsure, because I
thought there might be DOM nodes (or maybe other bookkeeping data)
associated with every instance of a C++/Tree generated class at
run-time.

Does the xsd run-time use DOM nodes when XML is de-serialized and
discard them after instances of the generated classes are built? Or does
it use a SAX like parsing process where the instances of generated
classes are created directly?

Regards,
Marco