[xsd-users] Problem Compiling Example on HP-11 Using aCC

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Aug 23 11:00:28 EDT 2007

Hi Dean,

Dean Gaudet <Dean.Gaudet at vac-acc.gc.ca> writes:

> Upgrading our compiler is certainly something we will have to get
> to at some point, but it means recompiling and retesting all of
> our other code, which is not an option right now.

I don't think you will need to recompile anything since it is not
a major upgrade (I can confirm this on the HP aCC mailing list if
you would like).

> Is there a way to get around this, without having to immediately
> upgrade our compiler?

Well, we could try to get rid of the metaprogramming bit (the
fundamental_p<> test). This will disable built-in type customization
feature but should be Ok for the general use. But then it is not clear
if there will be more errors. Are you considering to purchase a
proprietary license or a support contract? We can try to work around
of this problem and create a custom version of XSD for you but this
will have to be on the commercial basis.