[xsd-users] fatal error C1046: compiler limit : struct nested too deeply

Gerard Lanois gerard at lanois.com
Thu Apr 5 17:21:43 EDT 2007

I have a fairly deep document structure.  Apparently too deep for Microsoft
Visual C++ .NET 2003, according to the above error message.

I've searched the FAQ, Wiki, mailing list, and online documentation - I
can't find any reference to this.  I thought I remembered
this being discussed on the mailing list last year some time.

Anyway, is there a way to tell the xsd tool not to nest the structures as it
generates the .hxx/.cxx?  (to "flatten" the schema?)

The schema I am working with was provided to me by a third party, and
editing it directly is not an option.

Thanks,

-Gerard