[xsd-users] Re: compile errors

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Oct 26 05:39:03 EDT 2006

Hi Dave,

In the future please send technical questions like this to the
xsd-users mailing list (which I've CC'ed) instead of to me directly.
This way a) other developers who may have experienced a similar
problem can provide you with a solution b) questions and answers
will be archived and available to others with similar problems.

dave.keezer at l-3com.com <dave.keezer at l-3com.com> writes:

> I am trying to use XSD to create C++ classes that I can use in Borland
> C++ Builder ver 5.
>
> I run XSD and create the .hxx and .cxx files. I then try to compile a
> test program that includes the .hxx.
>

> I get many errors. Do you know if this can be made to work in Borland
> C++ Builder?

Borland C++ has a very poor support for the C++ standard which makes it
impossible for us to support XSD on this compiler. Sorry. If you don't
mind changing the compiler, you can get free (as in no cost) Visual C++
2005 Express Edition:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/

XSD is regularly tested and is known to work with this compiler.