[xsd-users] Licence Query for OSS projects

Bradley Beddoes beddoes at intient.com
Thu Nov 30 08:59:15 EST 2006

Hello,
I have been reading in detail tonight your license information for XSD
and had a query which I hope to have cleared up, this was the only
suitable forum I could find, if licensing queries are best directed
elsewhere please let me know.

I am currently working on a library which will be open sourced under the
Apache 2.0 license when it is completed. In addition to loading and
manipulating XML documents using the generated code from XSD it will
perform signature validation using Apache XML security, public key
resolution/management and verification of supplied data to prevent for
example replay attacks amongst others.

In my understanding of the FLOSSE file distributed this would clarify it
as a member of the 1a scenario, and Apache 2.0 is a supported free
software license, is this correct? Therefore all we need to do is label
the generated code from XSD with the Apache 2.0 license header and
distribution is legal? Do we need to supply the FLOSSE or any other
relevant documentation with the release?

In addition to the above I hope to be able to feed back to you a list of
quite complex schema developed by OASIS that XSD supports once
everything is working well for inclusion on the supported schema pages.

Of course we look forward to working with the XSD community in the future.

regards,
Bradley
--
Bradley Beddoes