[xsd-users] Global elements Re: reading and writing non root elements

Greg Carter greg at permedia.ca
Wed Nov 29 19:58:14 EST 2006

Arg!

You can ignore my last post if you want.  When I ran my schema through
XSD with the newly defined multiple global elements I missed the fact
that you could tell XSD to generate code for document roots for ALL
global elements (--root-element-all).  Given that all elements must be
global to be valid instances documents, and XSD can generate the
required code, there is no need for me to write any Xerces code at all.

That was going to be my comment, why wouldn't XSD generate root element
code for all global elements.  But now I see that it does.  Of course I
am a little confused why you didn't just mention that to begin with ;)

Thanks.
Greg.